Welcome back to the second week of our One Room Challenge makeover!
If you’re new to our project, be sure to check out last week’s post with all the “before” details on our backyard patio project.
In today’s update, I want to share with you our overall plan for the project as well as a sneak peek at the mood board for my design.
Next week we’ll go into MUCH more detail about the design and my inspiration for the space.
As a reminder, here’s what we’re starting with…
Let’s begin by reviewing all of the things that have to happen to get from ^this^ to our beautiful patio space!
Backyard Patio Mini-Project List
- Install privacy panels in the chain-link fence
- Remove 3″ of dirt to make room for the gravel and new landscaping
- Install walkway and patio borders
- Move and adjust irrigation lines
- Install and compact the gravel
- Move a large tree from the middle of yard to the back corner of the patio
- Plant new shrubs and flowers in surrounding bark beds
- Install rock water feature
- Install fresh, new bark nuggets
- Spray paint old patio furniture and purchase new cushions
- Purchase fire pit table, hammock, rug and decor
- Set up furniture and decor!
Sounds like fun, right?!
We’ve already started in on these projects and are actually about halfway done with them.
But, the rain is back, and here in Oregon that could mean week-long delays in outdoor projects!
So, we’ll see how far we get this week.
I’ll start showing you actual progress in a few weeks!
Here’s a look at my mood board for the space – just to get your creative juices flowing. 😉
Like I mentioned, I’ll be back next week with some inspiration photos and more about the actual design of the space.
I hope you’ll keep following along as we work towards creating a wonderful outdoor oasis!