Faux fur is the perfect way to add coziness to your home during the colder seasons. Learn how to make DIY faux fur Christmas trees for your holiday decor in this simple, step-by-step tutorial!
I’ll be honest, and I’m sure I’ve said this before, but I love faux fur ANYTHING.
Honestly, I feel like fur is the perfect cozy texture and it easily makes whatever space it’s put into a whole lot more comfortable.
So, when I ran across some faux fur ribbon at Hobby Lobby last weekend, I knew I had to use it for something festive!
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE: HOW TO MAKE DIY FAUX FUR ORNAMENTS
I had some cardboard cones in storage from prior holiday decorating and figured what better way to add some soft, cozy fur to my Christmas decor than with some fun, faux fur Christmas trees!
I hope you enjoy this idea as much as I do. I mean, these trees are really pretty and will be super fun to keep out all winter. 🙂
DIY FAUX FUR CHRISTMAS TREES
For a printable copy of the materials and instructions, scroll down.
Materials & Tools:
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: RUSTIC CHRISTMAS TABLE
Instructions for Making DIY Faux Fur Christmas Trees:
Using your hot glue gun, glue the end of your ribbon to the top of your cone.
You want the corner of your ribbon just slightly over the top and the rest straight down.
Wrap that ribbon around your cone until it reaches the bottom, keeping it flat against the cone all the way around.
Don’t worry that it doesn’t cover the whole cone, we’ll add more ribbon next.
Cut the ribbon just below the bottom of the cone, fold it over and glue the end inside the cone.
Add your second piece of ribbon by tucking and gluing it under the edge of your first piece and then glue it all along the bottom edge.
Cut and glue the second piece of ribbon underneath and inside the cone.
If needed, install a third piece of ribbon the same way as the second.
Do a bit of fluffing, and you’re done! Aren’t they fun?!
I am officially obsessed with faux fur… Our family room is filled with it – these trees, pillows, throws, rugs.
It’s just so incredibly cozy!! 😉
As promised, here are the printable instructions:
- Glue the ribbon to the top of your cone with one corner of the ribbon even with the tip and the short edge pointing down the cone.
- Wrap the ribbon around the cone (keeping it flat against the cone) until you reach the bottom. Trim and glue the end underneath the inside of the cone. (Don't worry if there is still cone showing.)
- Tuck and glue a second piece of ribbon underneath the edge of the first piece at the first sign of cone.
- Wrap the second piece around, trim and glue underneath the inside of the cone.
- If needed, install a third piece of ribbon the same way.
Have you made any Christmas decor this year?
Let me know in the comments!