I’m continually amazed at how supportive the online blogging community is. No matter what your specialty, it seems like bloggers from all niches frequently come together and encourage each other on the blogging journey! The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to unite our online community by sharing each others’ stories and businesses. Each nominee is given questions to answer and then in return they nominate other bloggers and give them questions to answer. As the cycle continues, thousands of bloggers are recognized and encouraged!
I feel so honored to announce that I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Chels over at Crafted for Design! Chels’ lifestyle blog has wonderful design and style tips, as well as encouragement for living out your faith. I’d encourage you to go and check her out! Below are the my responses to the questions she asked as well as who I’ve nominated and my questions for them.
Here are my responses to Chels’ questions – I hope these help you get to know me a bit more. 🙂
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
We participated in our church’s week of prayer and fasting last January, and it was during that week my passion for starting a blog began! My husband and I have always been crafty – we love home renovations, DIY anything, and interior design. Since we’d already been doing so much of this type of thing it was a natural addition to our creativity and gave me the ability to teach people how to do what we do!
2. Pick 3 words to best describe you and your personality.
Ambitious, Analytical and Generous
3. What’s your favorite part of the day?
Is it fair for me to say my kids’ nap time? 😉 I feel like I get SO MUCH DONE during those 2 hours each day!
4. What’s a new trend for 2018 that you are excited about?
Dark, moody colors. I’m contemplating putting a dark wall somewhere in our house! Eek!
5. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger self?
Hmm… Maybe just to really savor the years before you have kids. Don’t get me wrong, being a mom is a HUGE BLESSING, but I often miss those days when I didn’t have anything tying me down and I could be spontaneous!
6. What’s your favorite season?
Fall. I love when the leaves change color, the weather cools down, and you start wanting to spend more time indoors being cozy. 🙂
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I haven’t traveled much, so I’m not sure! I guess somewhere where it’s warmer year round? I like the crisp air of fall, but don’t care for so much rain and really cold temps…
8. What is your purpose in life?
To inspire others! Recently someone told us that our family is gifted in courage, and to ENCOURAGE is to inspire with your own courage. So here I am, trying to be courageous and inspire all of you. 🙂
9. List the top 3 things you are grateful for today:
My family, our home and our savior, Jesus Christ.
10. Do you have any new year’s resolutions?
Not really, but I am working really hard to grow and improve this blog in 2018!
11. What do you love to write about the most?
I love to show people how to decorate in such a way that they feel empowered to do it! I know there’s so many people out there that feel like they can’t decorate well or can’t afford to have a nice home, and I’m convinced that’s not true! Everyone deserves a home they love at a price they can afford. 🙂
I nominate the following 11 bloggers. I find each of these women and the message they share inspiring. Check them out to discover for yourself!
10. House of Ahn
11. Meghan Tucker
1. How long have you been blogging and is it your job or a hobby?
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
3. What is your favorite month of the year and why?
4. Where is your favorite place to travel?
5. Do you come from a large or small family?
6. What’s your favorite family tradition?
7. Who in the blogging community do you look up to?
8. Who is your biggest fan?
9. What is your super power?
10. Do you have any New Year’s resolutions?
11. What is your favorite holiday to decorate for?
To accept your nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award, please follow these steps.
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Thank you for reading, friends! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better and I’d encourage you to go check out Chels and all 11 bloggers I’ve nominated. Have a wonderful week!