Looking to add some style to your home with a low-maintenance faux olive tree? These 15 artificial olive trees are the best you’ll find online – and all at affordable price points!
Olive trees are definitely one of the latest trends in home décor – coming in at a close second to the infamous fiddle leaf fig trees.
I’ve had a faux fiddle leaf fig tree for years now, but have recently been eying and shopping around for a faux olive tree.
I absolutely love having artificial trees in my home – they add such a heightened style to the space without all the maintenance of a real tree!
If you’re like me and you are in the market for a faux olive tree in a pot, then search no more! This list of the 15 best faux olive trees will give you a range of price points and styles to chose from.
Before we get to the details about each one, let’s review a few frequently asked questions.
Faux Olive Tree FAQ
What does an olive tree look like?
Real olive trees are an evergreen tree that grows slowly but can reach a height of 40ft at full maturity. Their trunks are typically short, and often become twisted or knotted into interesting shapes. They contain numerous branches with oblong, greenish-silver leaves that grow up to 4 inches long and remain on the tree year-round.
Faux olive trees resemble a young olive tree, typically 4-6ft in height, with a single trunk and many branches of the small, silvery-green leaves. Some will also include artificial olives on the branches.
What is a faux olive tree?
A faux olive tree is an artificial tree made to resemble an olive tree for placement in home interiors.
How do you make a fake olive tree?
Here are the best DIY tutorials I can find on making an olive tree:
Now, based on the content of this post, I’m assuming you don’t want to DIY or make your faux olive tree, but are rather wondering where to buy olive trees for you home.
And thus, that brings us to our list of 15 affordable, yet stylish, faux olive trees.
15 Best Fake Olive Trees
For a visual comparison of them all together, scroll down.
Ok, let’s take a look at all of them together to get a visual comparison.
Now that you’ve seen all my favorites available online, let’s talk through which one will go best in your space.
How to Choose the Best Artificial Olive Tree for Your Home
Shopping for a faux olive tree can be overwhelming – I’m privy to the hours spent trying to find the perfect thing for my home only to feel like I can’t find exactly what I want!
So let’s break it down into some really simple steps that can help you narrow down which one will be best for your home.
What do you have room for?
The first thing you have to evaluate is what size of tree you have space for.
- Identify where you plan to place your fake olive tree. Maybe it’s a corner, an empty spot next to a TV stand, or even a spot on a long wall that doesn’t have room for a piece of furniture.
- Measure the height of your ceiling in that space. I recommend getting an artificial olive tree that is no more than 2/3 the height of your ceiling.
- Measure the diameter of the space you plant to use for your tree. You’ll want to get a style that can be contained in that wide of an area even when the branches are fanned out and styled.
Now you know how big of an olive tree to shop for.
What style do you want?
There are a few things to consider when deciding on the style you get.
- Consider how much trunk you want. Faux olive trees range from a smaller bush-style, to a tall overhanging canopy. How much of your tree do you want to be tree trunk vs branches and leaves?
- Decide which color of leaves will match your existing décor best. These fake olive trees have a range of color on their leaves – some are quite silvery while others are darker green. Choose one that will give a similar color tone to what you’ve already got going in your space.
- Choose if you want olives on it. The last thing you have to evaluate is whether or not you want faux olives on your tree. And if so, do you want the large black style, or the smaller maroon colored ones?
After reviewing these three style elements, you should have a pretty good ideas what type of tree you want and with that, I’d bet you can narrow down even my 15 suggestions to just a few.
Then decide between those based on reviews and cost!
While I haven’t yet purchased a faux olive tree for my house, I DID go through this process with my faux fiddle leaf fig tree and I absolutely love the one I ended up getting.
What will you put it in?
Now, the last thing you need to consider is what you’re going to put your fake olive tree IN.
Most of the trees shown above come in a simple, black pot. But I definitely recommend putting your tree in a larger basket or pot that will give it some more style and presence in the space.
Here are my favorite affordable baskets and pots to house your new tree:
- Natural Hyacinth Basket with Handles
- Macramé Basket
- Natural Woven Seagrass Basket
- Brown Rattan Round Basket
- White Textured Planter
- Carved Wood Planter
See – shopping for a faux olive tree doesn’t have to be that tricky! You just have to sit down and think about it for a few minutes. 😉
I hope this post has helped you find and get an artificial olive tree for your home that you love for years!
As always, let me know if you have any questions.